TOUR VISIT “BECOME A BEEKEEPER FOR A DAY”
We want to show you our everyday life and that’s why we plan hive tours at the Natural Park of the Albera. This experience for a day with the Abellaires will take place in the following way:
9 a.m. (approximately 2h – 2h30).
Children from 4 to 14 years old: €19*
*Minors must be accompanied by at least one adult.
- The group meets at Abellaires Empordanesos shop to get the beekeeper’s outfit.
- Each one must go to the hives by their own car (5 minutes).
- An introduction to the environment and the melliferous flora.
- A hive will be opened and you’ll learn about the different kinds of bees.
- You’ll learn also about how bees operate within the hive and how to use the smoker (essential in the beekeeper’s work) and the hive tool.
- Doubts and questions time.
BACK TO THE SHOP
After a short visit to the workshop you’ll have an experience by tasting three kinds of our honey.
The end of the visit will take place in the shop, where you will find a wide range of honeys and hive products.
A 10% discount on our products will be offered to the visitors.*
*applicable to all labeled honeys and only on the visit day.
WHAT TO TAKE IN CONSIDERATION
- This activity is not suitable for persons with reduced mobility, nor younger than 4 years old.
- It’s not advisable to people allergic to bees.
- The visit includes the equipment rental (suit, mask and gloves), it’s necessary to take your own shoes, if possible boots.
It’s necessary to book before going to a visit by filling the following form:
If you want to personalize your visit for closed groups, companies (teambuilding) or schools, please contact directly to email@example.com.